Course Starts: – TBC
Venue: Manchester & London
Duration: 10 days
Instructors: Dr Göran Urde, Dr Amit Mistry & Dr Richard Malloch
Max. Delegates: 12
Implant Coordinator: Lisa Royle 0161 348 7846, email@example.com
Our all-new Part 2 Implant Course, which is taught from our premises in Manchester & London, is the follow-on programme from The Implant Course, and is suitable for delegates looking to expand their expertise in the area of implantology. It explores extensive surgical training on live patients.
The Part 2 Implant Course is ideal for dental practitioners who have previous experience in dental implants and wish to further improve their knowledge-base and techniques.
The main aims of our The Part 2 Implant Course are to:
• Develop your skills and knowledge of more complex and advanced implant cases.
• Learn to treatment plan effectively.
• Practical, patient case-based course
• Give you the skills and confidence to perform implant restoration successfully
The course runs for ten days and will consist of 90% practical sessions in surgery & prosthetic aspect and 10% of lectures and discussions.
As part of the practical modules, delegates will bring along their own patients to participate in the surgical training sessions. They will also be exposed to advanced treatment cases, such as full arch reconstruction, immediate loading concepts, sinus lifts and grafting procedures. Delegates can start course on any day as it is a rolling programme. One day per month for each location (Manchester/London). Duration for completion of the course is maximum two years.
Course has a Tipton Training Certificate upon completion of set cases. Upon completion of cases, the course has an option to sit a formal British Academy of Dental Implantology (BADI) exam and a PG Certificate.
Increased earning potential
Dental implants aren’t currently covered under the NHS and represent a significant growth opportunity for private practitioners.
Experience placing dental implants on live patients
Delegates can gain further confidence in placing implants on live patients, which can then be transferred to practice settings.
Subsidise your course fees
Delegates on The Part 2 Implant Course can invite their own patients for dental implant treatment under the auspices of the course. The patient can then pay for the prosthetic part of the treatment.
Delegates can receive ongoing mentoring from course leaders, who can provide guidance on how to apply newly attained implantology skills in a business setting.
By the time you have attended the course they will be able to:
• Treatment plan a case more easily and accurately, interpret and have confidence and experience to put it into practice.
• Read and understand CBCT scans.
• Place implants and restore their own patients in their own practices knowing it was the correct treatment option for their patients.
• Undertake simple and more complex cases, with confidence.
• Identify potential patients and sell implant solutions to them.
• Communicate laboratory prescriptions with their laboratory.
• Nurses will have been trained on the course for implant procedures.
Implant Part 2 Course Content
- Content of each day will be driven by patient cases presented.
- Emphasis on treatment planning each case, CBCT scans and reading software. Bring in the software company to reinforce planning.
- Delegates present a case for consideration in a subsequent session.
- Specific cases may be linked to a seminar session to explore a topic in detail.
- Lecturers undertake the initial case example for the delegates to watch. Example Cases :
- Single tooth/multiple implants
- Bone grafting
- Sinus lifts
- Immediate loading
- Full arch reconstruction
- Implant Practice management – to bring in all members of the team
- Explain the important roles of Practice managers, nurses, receptionist, patient co-ordinator to help them deal with potential patients within the practice.
Three Paths Available In The Course
1. Tipton Training Certificate In Part 2 Implant Course
- Aimed at delegates who want to continue their journey for experience and continued supervision whilst placing implants.
- After completion you will receive a Tipton Training certificate and CPD hours.
2. Tipton Training Certificate & BADI PG (Cert / Dip) in Implant Dentistry
- Aimed at delegates who wish to take the BADI exam at the end of the course to receive a formal qualification.
- To complete the Part 2 Course ten cases need to be presented in order to qualify for the BADI P.G. Diploma in Implantology
3. MClin Dent from the City of London Dental School in Implant Dentistry
- Successful completion of the BADI Diploma in Implant Dentistry can lead to MClinDent in Implant Dentistry from the City of London School.