With the facilities and educational distinction available at the Tipton Training Facility, the combination of the Digital Dental Academy and Tipton Training will provide a 21st Century Digital Dental teaching enabling students to provide more predictable care and communicate with patients better in a familiar digital landscape.
The overall aim is to deliver sound teaching in the theory and safe practice of modern dentistry using cutting edge tools such as intra oral scanners, 3D Printers, Milling machines and Software aids. It aims to produce competent and reflective practitioners as well as encouraging opportunities for research and further postgraduate development. The programme aims are to:
- Provide unbiased teaching in the theory and practice of dentistry using digital tools and technologies.
- Create opportunities for personal and professional development
- Contribute to the research base of digital dentistry and to encourage research amongst practitioners
- Promote digital dentistry as a safe and practical method of treating patients
- Produce safe, competent and reflective practitioners
- Appraise levels of competency
The PG Certificate in Digital Dentistry can be followed by completing the PG Diploma in Digital Dentistry, both are completed through the Digital Dental Academy in collaboration with Tipton Training.
The programme is multi-modular, and all modules have to be completed to progress through the programme. Students who successfully complete the first stage will have completed a Postgraduate Certificate. At the end of stage two students will have
completed a Postgraduate Diploma.